The IP address that we generally use for the router that we use in our house is 192.168.1.1. This is the default gateway to the router that we use. The IP address can be different according to the maker of the router.
The nature of IP address 192.168.1.1
The IP address 192.168.1.1 is a private nature of network address which we generally use for our home computers. The nature of this IP address is IPv4 default network address. It may so happen that you are facing problem relating to the internet connection that you are using then you can use this private IPv4 address for the computer that you are using.
Solve problems relating to 192.168.1.1 Router Admin login Password
There may be various reasons due to which you are unable to login to the router that you are using. Let us see the reasons first.
- You may be typing the wrong address in the address bar. Like in place of 192.168.1.1 you may be typing 192.168.l.l. So try typing the address properly.
- It may also be the case that your router is not powered and you are trying to access it.
- It may be also for the firewall that your computer is using. If the firewall is strong then it will not allow you to access the router.
- The other reason may be a wrong cable connection which is not allowing getting access to the router.
Now as we know the problems let us see how we can solve the problems and get access to the router that we are using.
- You need to open the CMD and type ipconfig or you can use the command prompt ping 192.168.1.1. If you see that you are unable to access the router by using this method then you must disable your computer’s firewall for some time.
- If you then type the command DOS, this will enable you to detect any nature of the problem that you have with your network and the speed that you having in your internet.
- You need to open the CMD and type ping 192.168.1.1 and if the result is requested time out then there must be some connectivity problem with the router.
Setting the router configuration
As you have solved the problems that you have it is time to configure the router. For doing so you need to type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of any web browser that you are using. It will lead you to the login page where you have to use the username and password. The setup wizard will pop up and you can set up your router accordingly. It is mandatory that you change your username and password from the default to the one that you choose to be the one. This will provide you the necessary security to the router so that no one else can log in and use that router and the internet connection that you are having.